Skip to main content

From grief to growth and finding my purpose.


My life, forever changed.

This whole life changing and purpose driven experience all started the day I lost my beautiful and vivacious sister, Latrece Bell. 
I would have never thought in a million years that something like this would happen in my life. You know that feeling of "this is the type of stuff that happens around me, not to me". I felt like I was in a twilight zone; a crazy dream.

I remember the day it happened , so vividly. It was so unreal. April 20, 2011, my whole world came crashing down when I got the call that my sister had committed suicide. I was at work, styling hair and I remember grabbing my keys and thinking to myself, "If I leave now, I can save her". I wanted to believe that it wasn't to late and I just had to get to her. Sadly, that wasn't the case. 

My sister was everything classy, sophisticated and so intelligent, she also suffered with a mental illness, Bipolar Disorder. She was at the peak of building her brand, as a well known Real Estate Broker in Houston, Texas, that specialized in luxury homes. We had plans to build our legacy together, and in one instant, that all changed. This wasn't because she didn't love life, or about a character flaw; unfortunately, she was misguided under her professional care. My family and I had to face the the hard truth, that her life didn't have to end this way.

Joli Ide-
I was inspired by my sister and the journey it took to rebuild my life after loss, in creating Joli Ide. All of the things that I felt I had lost within myself after losing her, I had to rebuild and find strength to move forward in life. I had to find my way again, and through this experience I knew I wanted to do more. I decided to become transparent about my life lesson's, hard truths, struggles, and triumphs for women to connect and relate to my story in whatever way they could. I was ready for the next phase and level in my life and could feel the breakthrough as I got comfortable with being uncomfortable in opening up to the world.

 Prior to Joli Ide, I spoke on many platforms, about breaking stigmas, mental disorders, and suicide prevention, providing resources to the community, primarily for individuals who were diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. Every time I spoke, I had to relive my tragic loss, and I'd usually end up crying in front of everyone. I got so tired of feeling defeated, sad, hurt, lost and confused; although I knew I was helping others, I still felt something was missing. I wanted to get past the pain and speak with strength. Finally, I had an "AH-HA" moment that shifted everything.  Once I realized I had grown through the grieving process and pain of losing my sister and no longer wanted to focus on her mental illness alone but who she was as a person, I felt a huge breakthrough in my life. 

Joli Ide represents women, as you identify yourself as a "STRONG WOMAN". It is important to understand that we all go through things in life, and while pain may be inevitable, suffering is not. It isn't about a diagnosis but more about, who you are, what you represent, knowing your worth, and having a culture of like-minded women to support and empower one another, simply by the connection of being a woman and all that comes with it. 
=======================================================================
Wow, this is the short version and yet this first blog entry takes me back and gives me chills to read. You may be reading about me for the first time, while I'm reading about someone I had visualized growing into, during my 7 year journey in finding myself again.  I am her progressing with the vision that she/ I was blessed with, believed in and still pursuing. I prayed for who I am today and put in the work to make it happen and here we are!!! 

If this story resonates with you, I encourage you to look into joining Joli Ide, this may be that missing piece to opening the next chapter in your life. You didn't stumble here by accident.

========================================================================
What is JOLI IDE “Beautiful Mind”?

Joli Ide is a membership based Private Women’s Club that gives your access to intimate socials, private online community and exclusive tools to elevate the mind to help you reach the next level in your life.
Joli Ide is the culture of women who want the best for their mental health and well-being.
For more info
Email: Info@Joliide.com
Lora Rosemon (L) | Latrece Bell (Sept.4,1978 - April 20, 2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You don't have to be a victim. Choose to be the VICTOR.

I have always been a go with the flow person, meaning I didn't put much thought into things, I just did what I felt like. Now, I'm not saying I'm irrational or careless, just more of a free spirit. If I had a nudge to try something new, I wasn't afraid to give it a shot.  Soooo, don't hold your breath but, I modeled for years, was in 2 singing groups, broke off into a solo artist, (and I'm no Beyonce, but I can hold a tune and grab the audience 😜), decided college wasn't my thing, instead I pursued a career as a hairstylist, was a stay at home mom, inherited public speaking after the loss of my sister, was a fitness trainer and now living in my purpose as a Life/ Motivational/ Mentor and all those positive names to help women become the best version of themselves and live in their full potential. WHEEEEW! I honestly don't care for the titles because I've always loved, loving on people. The difference now is it's with intent, so I nou

Commit to bettering yourself

If you can't commit to yourself, how is it possible to Authentically commit to anything else? How many excuses have you made and dismissed or procrastinated your own priorities? You may not even realize the habit and acceptance of excuses. Are you living in comfort zones & settling for just being " ok "? To commit to bettering yourself is simple but not always easy. More than likely, you've been programmed to think a certain way over the years. Programmed to simply being " ok "  instead of " better ", doing the same " ok " things in life and wondering why you can't get ahead or find true happiness. Better requires self-discipline/ self-development Better requires pushing past your comfort zone. Better requires loyalty. Better requires leveling up. Better requires setting goals in life. Better requires the understanding and conscious effort of living in the moment , not the past nor the future. You should want and aim to b